Using physical gamepad as keyboard input problem

Discussion in 'ePSXe Android Discussion' started by KleinIll, Sep 28, 2016.

1. KleinIll

KleinIll New Member

Hello

I have been spending a long time trying to find/figure out one solution to a issue related to keyboard input behavior on my android device.

I bought one physical gamepad which can be used as:
    1) Default gamepad controls (diretionals + back + backspace and some others buttons)
    2) Keyboard
    3) Keyboard + mouse

The manufacturer advices using option (2) for emulators. So I have done it. It's simple and easy to setup the buttons as keyboard into ePSXe Android version. But once its configuration is done the control does not work properly:

* Two (or more) buttons pressed at once will not work;
    * Diagonal buttons do not work.

I have other games in my phone which allow multi-touch, but I'm not sure about the keyboard itself.

Please, if you have experienced this problem or have any clue to solve this issue I will be very grateful.

Observations:

- My phone does not has super user access.
    - It's a Motorola Moto G 2.
    - The gamepad is JS076 model by Multilaser.
    - Using the gamepad as default control (1) enables the diagonal directions and does not requires key mapping.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. acdbrn2000

acdbrn2000 New Member

If you are not running multiple gampads on one device at one time and if gamepad mode works with the program (emulator or game) that you want to use the gamepad on then Use gamepad mode.

Keyboard mode is a compatibility option that should really only be used if the full featured gamepad mode has an issue. Or as a second player mode if your gamepad/device does not work with 2 in the same mode.
  4. KleinIll

KleinIll New Member

Thanks for replaying. I was very interested on keyboard mode cause I was going to buy one keyboard instead of gamepad for this purpose. Having this information was very useful, so I wouldn't waste money with a keyboard.
  5. acdbrn2000

acdbrn2000 New Member

Buying a keyboard would not be a waste of money... well depending on the types of games you want to play. If it is an action/racing/fighting/rhythm type game then yea the keyboard woukd be limiting but if the game does not require diagonal inputs or multiple simultaneous button presses then you not only get a physical input device for playing games but also a physical keyboard that might make typing notes or other information on your device faster/more accurate/or just less of a pain.

So not a waste of money..... but also not the same as a real dedicated controller.
  6. KleinIll

KleinIll New Member

You are right, but I think it all depends on how you use the cellphone. Personally, I don't.