Using/playing a MiniPSF/PSFLib file

Discussion in 'Misc PSX Discussion' started by darkpowrjd, May 4, 2012.

1. darkpowrjd

darkpowrjd New Member

Call me stupid or not seeing what I need to see, but I'm having a hell of a time finding this information.

I have a MiniPSF, I believe, of Castlevania: SOTN. There are two music files and then the SOTN.psflib file. The problem is that I have no clue how to actually access this file to get it to play everything else, and I've tried to Google nearly every possible term to get it to come up with some concrete info, and all I've been able to get is all sorts of technical terms of what it is and how to rip it and stuff. I just want to PLAY it or access it so I can use it.

Right now, I have both Foobar2000 and Winamp 5.6, with foo_psf and HE respectively. Every time I try to load up the .psflib, it either does nothing or gives me an error (the .psflib doesn't show up in Winamp's supported types with the plugin installed).

So, am I missing something here? I need some plain English instructions on how to simply access and play MiniPSF files.

EDIT: I might be stupid. I just read in the PSF releases thread that there were only two in that particular PSF release that could actually be ripped, and the rest were streamed. I would ask what the problem is with getting streamed music off of the disc when people try to rip these, but that's for another thread. Sad because the game has such great music.

But yeah, ignore this now.
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement