Various 1920x1080p/8xSSAA screenshots - PPSSPP & Dolphin

Discussion in 'General Screenshots' started by cooliscool, Feb 21, 2016.

1. cooliscool

cooliscool Super Moderator Staff Member

Just some random shots taken @ 1920x1080p with 16x Aniso & 8XSSAA/2X trasparency SSAA, for friends, and decided to post them here. Soooooooooooo beautiful. Dolphin and PPSSPP are my new loves, since I bought a laptop capable of running them flawlessly. :) Since the DX12 backend doesn't support these features and is lightyears faster, I use it when playing, but these were taken with the D3D11 backend.

Star Fox Adventures still looks marvelous. What RARE could pull off, while maintaining 60FPS, with the GCN TEV was simply out of this world. Not even Nintendo could harness Flipper as Rare could.

BTW, these were taken on a GTX 980M 4GB @ 1400MHz core and 2900MHz memory (5800MHz effectively), and it *almost* ran at fullspeed, save for Star Fox Adventures, which was horrendously slow with SSAA. :p PPSSPP runs perfectly with 8xSSAA/4x transparency SSAA, naturally.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Exos

Exos New Member

How can you play with stretched widescreen!? If I remember correctly there are some good widescreen patches for Mario and Zelda, you should give them a go. :rolleyes:
  4. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

5. cooliscool

cooliscool Super Moderator Staff Member

Ooh, was unaware of the widescreen hacks - will definitely make use of them! Thanks dudes.
  6. shinra358

shinra358 Member

same way we all use to before ps3 came out :p

There aren't very many good dolphin widescreen codes because of culling.