VBA-Link Pokemon Trade Error

Discussion in 'Visualboy Advance Discussion' started by Shadow-Flare, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Shadow-Flare

Shadow-Flare New Member

Hello everyone, I made a topic yesterday asking a question about VBA-Link and I managed to get that figured out however now I'm having another problem. First off, I'm using the battery save in VBA-Link to do my VBA-Link trades, not save state. Everything goes smoothly and the link works fine until I finally end up in the trade room with the 2 computers I go to one of the computers on one window and then I get this error -

"Communication error... Please check all connections, then turn the power OFF and ON."

Any idea on what is going on? I have synchronize and wireless adapter enabled on both windows and one window has pause when inactive window enabled, so it makes selecting things a little easier.

Please, if you can, help me. I would really appreciate any help at all.

P.S - I'm using VGA-Link for Pokemon FireRed
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

disable pause when inactive on both emulators, and set the packet size to 5000-12000
  4. Shadow-Flare

Shadow-Flare New Member

Packet size? Is that Options > Link > Settings > "Link timeout in milliseconds" ? Do I set the timeout on one window for 5000 and the other 12000? Sorry, I'm not too bright when it comes down to things like this. I almost forgot to mention that I'm using VBA - Link version 1.8.0 Wifi.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008