VBA Link .sav file to VBA .sav file?

Discussion in 'Visualboy Advance Discussion' started by Rinnie, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Rinnie

Rinnie New Member

I'm having a very hard time converting my VBA Link .sav file back to a VBA .sav file. I'm playing Pokemon FireRed and wanted to trade Pokemon. I copied the .sav file, naming the original ".sa1" and the copy ".sa2". I made sure all the setting we correct. Both files loaded fine on VBA Link and I traded my Pokemon. I saved the game like on a regular Gameboy Advance afterwards and closed it. When I opened VisualBoyAdvance, my game wasn't saved. I tried loading the .sav file but it was just the same as how it was when a loaded it. I reopened VBA Link and the game was saved and the traded Pokemon was there. So why is this? Did I miss something?
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

If you don't have any specific problem, you can just use VBALink for singleplayer, too. What versions of VBA and Link do you use?
  4. Rinnie

Rinnie New Member

VBA Link 1.8 and VBA 1.8.
  5. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

Shouldn't be any problem with conversions, then. Only thing I can think of is that you didn't delete the original .sav to replace it with the re-renamed .sa1.
    Do you use savestates, perchance? Loading a savestate will return the battery save to the "old" pattern, as well.
  6. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

Also it could be he accidentally traded to .sa2 rather than .sa1.