vbaserver

Discussion in 'Visualboy Advance Discussion' started by HikariMG, Jul 14, 2008.

1. HikariMG

HikariMG New Member

Hello guys. I'm playing Pokemon FireRed with moemon mod on VBA 1.7.2, and found out that vbalink 1.72 (available at Download VBALink Emulator Link Cable Multiplayer GBA ROMs http://www.vbalink.info/download/vbalink172.zip) supports my savegames just fine.

But I'm not able to make them connect. vbalink172.zip comes with no vbaserver.exe, and also its Option > Link window has only a checkbox for loggins and an editbox for link timeout.
    Also, the "modified vbaserver for 2p only" at http://www.vbalink.info/download/vbaserver.zip comes with a vbalink.exe file that opens cmd.exe and says
    Both Option > Link and vbalink.exe are different from their tutorial at VBALink Emulator LAN multiplayer Setup

Anyway, I opened vbalink.exe, opened 2 instances of vbalink172's VisualBoyAdvance.exe, clicked Ok on their Option > Link windows, tried to connect them, and connection was not made...

I also tried to export battery from VBA 1.7.2 and import on vbalink 1.72 and 1.8b0, and load savegame on 1.8b0, but nothing worked. Only vbalink 1.72 is able to load VBA 1.7.2 savegame...

Does anybody know where I can find a working vbaserver.exe, and how to configure this vbalink172?

I apretiate any help :)

Update: I found this site VBALink - Visualboy Advance with link support!
    Tested again with 1.72L and 1.73.

1.72L's vbaserver doesn't work, it reports a bind() error... both original and updated ones.

With 1.73 I was able to connect them properly, but the games were still unable to connect, IDK why. Since the text is in japanes, I used this video to see how to connect. I talked to the same girl and did the same options, but still no connection.

Maybe it's because I loaded the game from sgm saves, so I tred to reset the games and load from battery saves, but battery didn't work -.-
    I tried to export from original VBA, export from vbalink inside working savegames Copy&Paste, and it didn't detect battery at all... Save type is set to 128KB.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

vbaserver is not required for 1.73L+
    Not all link methods are supported.
  4. HikariMG

HikariMG New Member

Hello Squall tnx for the reply.
    GBA ROMS Link Cable MultiPlayer Support says FireRed is supported.

I suppose that it's not working because, before starting the connection, the game requests to save on battery, and my battery file is corrupted... I'm trying to find a way to fix it ATM :cry:

Hello Squall tnx for the reply.
    GBA ROMS Link Cable MultiPlayer Support says FireRed is supported.

I suppose that it's not working because, before starting the connection, the game requests to save on battery, and my battery file is corrupted... I'm trying to find a way to fix it ATM :cry:
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  5. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

use VBA-M to import a savestate, but make sure in the state menu you tick the do not load battery. then save(which will create the battery) and then rename it to fix vba-l's sav naming scheme you may be able to get it to work that way.
  6. HikariMG

HikariMG New Member

Hello squall, tnx a lot for the tip!!

I downloaded VBA-M 368 from Index of /vbam/vbacompiles but coudn't find where to import the savestate or the state menu.

It recognizes my sgm saves and loads them normally, but I saw no option to not load battery. Options > Emulator > Automatic IPS patching is checked (but I don't have an IPS anyway...).

Am I using the wrong version?

BTW, very nice work on VBA-M, I didn't know about it, gj! :D

Update: ok, I found the 583 version :p

Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I try to save battery but after reset it keeps not working. If I start a new game and save, it works, but if after that I load my savestate and try to save, then reset, when battery is read it is still storing the new game data...

I also tried to load my savestate, save a new one, load this new one and save on battery. No luck also :/
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  7. HikariMG

HikariMG New Member

It didn't work at all :/

I had to restart the game and use gameshark to get my pokemons back :(

but tnx for trying!