vmhack error

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by CatZilla, Nov 13, 2007.

1. CatZilla

CatZilla New Member

I'm trying to load up GTA:VCS, european version.

For some reason, after I save the game to the memory card using the "normal" save options ingame (not savestate), and load it back up, I get this vmhack error, which results in a "send error report to microsoft?" message.
    Also, this error occurs when pretty much randomly ingame.
    I use the GSdx9 plugin, because ZeroGS is not even booting up at all - after it reads something from the dvd, it displays the same 'vmhack' error.

I have a laptop, dual core t7100, built-in intel graphics accelerator card (i know, horrible).

So. Who can help me?

Code:
    x86Init:
            CPU vender name =  GenuineIntel
            FamilyID        =  d
            x86Family =  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7100  @ 1.80GHz
            CPU speed =  1.823 Ghz
            x86PType  =  Standard OEM
            x86Flags  =  bfebfbff
            x86EFlags =  20100000
    Features:
            Detected MMX
            Detected SSE
            Detected SSE2
            Detected SSE3
    gsInit
            F1 - save state
            (Shift +) F2 - cycle states
            F3 - load state
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. refraction

refraction PCSX2 Coder Contributors Award Winner!

try this version of GSDX9, it wont work with MTGS but it should start.

The reason it probably doesnt work as the new one requires Pixel Shader 2, which its likely your card doesnt have.

try the 2604 build, if that still doesnt work (tho it should) try the reallyold one.
  4. Fadingz

Fadingz 代言人 Translator Junior Contributor Award Winner!

That comp is too weak for PCSx2 :/, expect errors to occur. Also, your laptop will have heating issues; it might not be a smart idea to run PCSX2 at high temp (since all your parts will strive at max capacity).
  5. Phydeaux

Phydeaux New Member

Generally, laptops are rated for full performance as long as they are on a flat level surface to allow proper air circulation. Any laptop that blows itself up under full CPU load should be sent back for replacement or refund.
  6. Fadingz

His main problem is not CPU; it's his GPU, and the fan of the laptop is not sufficient enough for cooling down in warm room. It might not have short term effect (such as blowing up), but it will shorten the lifespan of the laptop.
  7. Phydeaux

Phydeaux New Member

Define "Warm Room." If by warm room, you mean 100F summer day, then yeah. It won't last as long. But if "warm room" is a 70F bedroom, it really won't matter that much. Heat failures on modern laptops are pretty rare as long as they have proper ventilation - usually the screen / screen hinge dies first, or the drive goes.
  8. Fadingz

That's only the case if you are using the laptop for it's main targeted purpose. The laptop he has not designed for high quality gaming, so PCSX2 is completely another story. Even desktops have the potency of getting heating problem while running PCSX2 (esp graphic card).
  9. GothicIII

GothicIII New Member

Thats not exactly, cause the cpu works always with 100%, otherwise it would get instable (you can see that with the taskmanager->process )
  10. Fadingz

I hope a E6600 @ 3GHz+ with a top graphic card will not run FFX at 60 limited fps and low graphic setting (So that GPU does not cap the CPU under any circumstances) at 100% :p
    Unstable is not <100%, unstable is fluctuating number. As long as the number is at equilibrium, it should be stable.
    Plus, as I said, it is his GPU not CPU that is contributing the main issue here.
  11. CatZilla

CatZilla New Member

Erm.. I don't think I have fully explained myself.

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-CR190.

I haven't yet tried the fixes (thanks, refraction), but I will tomorrow while I'm in college.

As far as I understand, vmhack happens when the graphics driver tries to use a function that is not supported by the graphics card?

PS I have MTGS turned on (dual core mode). Could that be part of the problem?
  12. CatZilla

CatZilla New Member

Refraction, both plugins that you gave do not even load (at all). I mean, the start-up videos are there, but when the 3d engine is supposed to be initialized - it farts.