What's the best config for Tales of the abyss?

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by alifak110, Jan 27, 2010.

1. alifak110

alifak110 New Member

Hey all!

It has been a while since I didn't play ToA but I remember that I worked fine before, but the thing is that I really don't remember how to make it work nice and smooth again. Could someone tell me what plugins I should get and how to configure it? Or even sending me a pre-configured pcsx2 that play ToA well ^^

Thanks a lot!! oh and btw here is my pc spec:

Core2Duo E7400 2.8Ghz
    Geforce 8600GTS
    2gb DDR2
    WinXp

:D
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. alifak110

alifak110 New Member

4. raksmey1309

raksmey1309 បងស្រលាញ់អូន!

Use gsdx instead of zerogs ;)
  5. alifak110

alifak110 New Member

haha thanks but I was hoping an answer with more details x3 I do use Gsdx 841m but sometimes my games run at fully 60 fps but the games runs like in slow motion and thats kinda weird. It was not happening before and I got good pc spec. I was just wondering how could I play ToA with nice filters without loosing speed.

Thanks!
  6. xRyudo

xRyudo Member

Honestly, you don't.

If you want nice filters you WILL sacrifice speed. There's no such thing as having nice effects without losing a single drop of speed, unless your comp is capable of handling those nice effects.

As for your question on getting nicer graphics: If you want your game to look a lot better, you'd have to raise your Internal Res, but in doing so, you will also decrease the overall performance of it, so you might end up with reduced FPS. Try experimenting with the Internal Res, until you get some decent quality while maintaining 60 FPS.
  7. rama2

rama2 Emu author Emu Author

Fetch the latest PCSX2 and plugins betas.
    In that GSdx, set it to x2 or x3 scaling, depending on how fast your graphic card is.
    Leave everything else at default.
    Have fun.
  8. alifak110

alifak110 New Member

damn it still goes slow and weird can anyone give me precise tips? x3
  9. nanaya

nanaya ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Config->Speed Hacks
    Check any option that have word "Speed up" on them and max out the VU cycle rate. It WILL break the game in some way but there's your speed.
  10. xRyudo

xRyudo Member

Actually I'm currently playing ToA, and I noticed some of the speed hacks actually reduce my performance for whatever reason. It seems to run better without them. When I had some enabled I was getting 55-57 FPS instead of 60.
  11. nanaya

nanaya ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Well then give him some pointer which one is good. :D
  12. xRyudo

xRyudo Member

The only speed hack I have enabled is the INTC Sync Hack. Everything else is set to default. As for the rest of the slowness - Tales of the Abyss is a surprisingly heavy game, so don't be surprised if you get slowdowns to occur frequently on your system. I've had other PS2 games that look better and are more graphic intensive run smoother than ToA.
  13. alifak110

alifak110 New Member

can you send me links of what you have for pcsx2 rev? I tried to but i couldn't find it x3 Thanks! ^^
  14. alifak110

alifak110 New Member

bump !
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  15. alifak110

alifak110 New Member

16. xRyudo

xRyudo Member

PCSX2 beta r1888 is found on pcsx2.net under the Downloads section. (Beta)
    This is because the latest revision wasn't running as smooth for me as r1888 did with Tales of The Abyss.

Plugins are fetched from the latest revisions, which you can find here: http://www.mediafire.com/orleans

Copy the plugins from the latest revision to the r1888 plugins folder and then configure your GSdx accordingly. (Use rama's settings and see how it runs for you).
  17. alifak110

alifak110 New Member

Thanks a lot man ^^ now I downloaded the lastest rev and copied plugins on my r1888 folder, but it doesn't seem to go fast enough, I don't know how to configure my speedhacks and my cpu and advanced settings. I really don't know what's wrong but i'm sure i am missing something to make my game work at fullspeed. If you could post a picture of your setting it would be awesome!

Thanks ! ^^
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  18. Fadingz

Fadingz 代言人 Translator Junior Contributor Award Winner!

tested, and it's over 100% speed
  19. alifak110

alifak110 New Member

Damn I did exactly like in your picture with same rev and all but it doesn't even change, but I have a question. If I overclock my cpu (Core2Duo e7400 2.8Ghz) to 4Ghz and if I change from xp to vista (I do have a dx10 graphic card: 8600GTS), will I see significant results?

Thanks ^^

Ps: I did play 100% fullspeed on Kingdom Hearts but I don't remember how I did.
  20. Fadingz

Fadingz 代言人 Translator Junior Contributor Award Winner!

don't use Vista, use 7.

TotA is really GPU dependent, I kown it's funny for a cell shade game.

Try OC'ing your GPU if you can.
  21. xRyudo

xRyudo Member

Agreeing with Fadingz, W7 > Vista in every way.

And overclocking your CPU to 4 GHz, I sure hope you have a proper cooling before you attempt that, and that your rig can even handle that stable.