What's your current project?

Discussion in 'Web development / Programming' started by blueshogun96, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Hatorijr

Hatorijr Emu Author

My current project, well 2 of my current projects are my gameboy emulator, which has come a long way recently and a multithreaded tool i developed to monitor and debug 2 different gameboy emulators in real time to do real time comparisons for errors in execution of a targeted emulator(namely mine for right now).

i have both connected through named pipe communication that is handled during execution so i can read the data in real time.
  2. GeominorAI

GeominorAI AI

I just finished a rocket jump server plugin for the Team Fortress 2 rocket jumping community, and made it available as open-source GPLv3:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  3. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

4. GeominorAI

GeominorAI AI

It was a contribution to a gaming community I am part of.
  5. TastEPlasma

TastEPlasma The Nexus of a Crisis, and The Origin of Storms

Ive continued to work on a game engine. It has been an invaluable experience, and increased my programming skills a thousand fold, although there is always a nearly infinite room for improvement.

Recently I've been working on a 2D lighting system. Had to brush up on my trig. Originally I had a couple of ideas for implementation, but in practice they all had severe enough drawbacks to be rendered(ha!) impractical.

Did some googling to see how others are getting similiar systems done, and stumbled on this page:
    http://ncase.me/sight-and-light/

It might seem like its all given away there, but the devil is in the details (of implementation). Lot of work, still don't have it up and running yet. Once that is done though, then I can work on a sound subsystem, walkpath/collision subsystem, and a tiling system. At that point the basic engine should be done, I'll tidy it up as much as possible, and dedicate myself to a specific game project.
  6. Hatorijr

Hatorijr Emu Author

I have actually just started researching/developing a game engine as well, though i am right at the start so it will more than likely be a long time before i have much to show for it, but i am hoping to learn a lot along the way.
    Hard core Rikki likes this.
  7. TastEPlasma

TastEPlasma The Nexus of a Crisis, and The Origin of Storms

Without even knowing what your skill level or knowledge is, it seems certain you will. One of the things I really enjoy about programming is that doing and learning are practically the same thing. :)