What's your current project?

Discussion in 'Web development / Programming' started by blueshogun96, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Chrono Archangel

Chrono Archangel Administrator Staff Member

LoRd_SnOw and Hard core Rikki like this.
  2. LoRd_SnOw

LoRd_SnOw Member

Thanks, I will have a look at Tykel's C16 assembler.
  3. ShakirMole

ShakirMole The Alpha and Omega

I thought of doing something that people would not feel to be very plausible and fruitful, a football manager game in php, mysql and jquery.

Its a simple manager game whose basis is on setting the right tactics over players.
    Feature List
    • 5 Stats with 6 Tactical Options
    • League and Cup Games
    • Friendlies - requested and played between players themselves
    • Auto simulation (by admin)
    • Half time tactical changes
    • Highlights with Sound and Graphics (Basic)
    • Match Summary with Statistics
    • Messaging
    • Notifications
    • Team/Code based Login

vfootball.co.nf

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

WPF Tetrisness!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    @ruantec, Shendo and Hard core Rikki like this.
  5. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Tetris prototype! No longer on WPF cuz I needed implement the actual logic of it. Seens to work alright. :p

Z and X keys for rotation, Left and Right cursor keys for horizontal movement, Down key to fall a bit faster and Up key for instant fall. Speed goes up slowly, and max is at level 20. There's no "Game Over" screen though.

Here's some music while you're at it.

Attached Files:

6. GeominorAI

GeominorAI AI

A small image seam carving program coded up in Java (rather than in MATLAB) for demonstration and teaching purposes:

test_image.jpg

seam_carving-demo.png

Usage: Load a small < 350x350 image, and slowly resize frame only to make it smaller. Turn off energy viewing in the menu for near real-time performance.

Vertical seams are quicker to remove due to the structure of memory storing the image pixels.

I am still pondering whether to write up a tutorial exercise on this board though.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Hard core Rikki and KrossX like this.
  7. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Nice app Geo!

No longer in WPF? what you mean by "having to implement the actual logic of it"? i'm a bit confused lol!
  8. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

@GeominorAI: Nice work. I didn't even know there was such a thing.

@ruantec: The WPF code I started ain't a direct representation of the board or pieces. So I made something super simple that it's only that, the data of the board and pieces. Way easier to see the logic at work, collisions and all that. Since I now have a working idea of how a tetris game works, I can go back to the WPF code.
  9. @ruantec

Nice! i didn't knew you have WPF knowledge(or maybe i forgot it?)... glad to see devs here using the technology ;)
  10. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

I'm curious as to wether content-aware rescaling could be usable for 2d/3d emulator realtime resizing (reducing widescreen games to 4:3 for example or the opposite, from 4:3 to ultrawidescreen), or at least applicable to select layers rather than the whole displayed image.
  11. GeominorAI

GeominorAI AI

Thanks guys.

Seam carving also works for expanding an image. I will update the app with a demo of that shortly.

Unfortunately, when applied to a sequence of images under the constraint of smooth motion such as a video sequence CAIR changes from a quick dynamic programming problem to one of graph optimization, which is significantly slower. The problem is made worse as the video resolution increases. It is not something that makes sense to run a commercial-grade PC.

See the paper here.

Not only does the graph have to be recomputed between video segments, there is nothing about retaining this smoothness between segments for a continuous and long video or real-time sequences. (The demos in the video likely already have the graph optimizations precomputed.) So this definitely does not work for emulation in most cases.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    KrossX likes this.
  12. @ruantec

Hmmmmmm i'm going to toy with that and try to implement it in @ruanTuber for Video Porpuses and background or in @ES for internal Emulation. Thanks Geo for the info!
  13. GeominorAI

GeominorAI AI

Careful with the video retargeting one.

In the paper, it mentioned memory usage of up to 300MB just for 400 frames of 400x300.
  14. @ruantec

Yeah, will just toy with it to see what can be done... my wife recently told me that she would love to see the complete animated background image instead of the scaled image to fit the background in @ruanTuber this technique could help me to solve that problem:

This one:
    qPnlVZY.gif

The animation is visible but the owl is not fully visible sometimes:
    Unbenannt.jpg
  15. GeominorAI

GeominorAI AI

There are too many parts crossing the entire image in that one for the technique to work.

However, since the animation contains a static component, perhaps you should consider extracting the background (of the owl) instead, CAIR that, then try to separately rescale the snow, perhaps with a regular affine transformation, then add it back.
  16. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

I toyed with it years ago when WPF4 came out, made some silly apps and way after I even made a silly flash-like game. Durazno's GUI is WPF too, that's the last thing I tried with WPF or even just C#.
  17. @ruantec

Yeah, was thinking in something like that since the animation coming from the amount of frames would make things harder.
    Ah, i didn't knew that... guess you checked my recent WPF tutorial then hehehehehe. Nice work!
  18. GeominorAI

GeominorAI AI

On the subject of manipulating image sequences, there is a paper on scene manifolds that for some videos can be used for summarization, such as for video surveillance on a static camera.
    KrossX likes this.
  19. @ruantec

Thanks for the information... will make sure to give a check.
  20. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

There's lots of crazy video stuff. :eek:

Indeed, but I didn't understand it at all. :p