What's your current project?

Discussion in 'Web development / Programming' started by blueshogun96, Feb 28, 2013.

1. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

I know my english is bad.............{cry}
  2. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Your english is fine, i just can't grasp the concept. *is an idiot* :oops:
  3. @ruantec

Ah, i'm aware that is kinda alien at first sight but once you get the concept is as clear as water hehehehehe. The problem however is understand concept lol! will have to think in better ways to explain the concept using simple scenarios rather than explaining everything at once. Hmmmmmm thinking, thinking......... {head explosion}
  4. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

And.... done! Sort of, but enough for me. :p

Screenshot.png

Left, Right, Down, Z and X are the keys. Also, use youtube for background music.

Attached Files:

5. @ruantec

Works great so far... the only issue i noticed is that no background music is played. Since you mentioned youtube i'm wondering what exactly are you using to parse the youtube audio stream as you actually have to do that to get the right one.
  6. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

lol, there's no background music. Just click the link and have that playing on the background. :p
  7. @ruantec

I misunderstood your post then. Btw you can play the audio stream from youtube very easily so if you want i can help you to add such feature as is quite easy ;)
  8. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time I mess with WPF. :)
    @ruantec likes this.
  9. @ruantec

@ruanTuber HD,
    taking the next step in MVVM and pushing my pattern to the ultimate level by handling tablets orientation with dynamic orientation views and all that with zero ties between logic and view by improving my concept even further. Apart from that preparing a Universal base for all versions and of course Natively compiled and highly optimized for Windows 8/8.1. Still preparing the dynamic base but is looking fantastic right now from a logical point of view. Imagine having a perfect interface on every size and orientation which dynamically adjust to the user orientation and perfectly fit to show all the information required as well butter-smooth interface and being capable of playing up to 4k video on tablets or on your desktop. All that without having to write any extra code for each orientation or use of any other crappy/cheap method, just awesome!

Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt2.jpg

While at it, listening some awesome tunes from this marvelous group that inspire me to write code endlessly!
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    Hard core Rikki likes this.
  10. @ruantec

And i did it again! i've finally pushed my pattern even further and got it working just the way i wanted, zero ties, zero dirty tricks and a very straightforward solution. Different views for every orientation as well as fade animations and only 1 code, simply awesome!. Here is a video that shows the result:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  11. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

What happens if you keep rotating? Like at 180º and 270º
  12. @ruantec

Right now i just wanted to get the first two working so the other two aren't working and the current view will stay. However the other ones are pretty much the same so all i have to do is add the Horizontal/Vertical view just as i do right now but reversed. The reverse mechanism is actually done by a simple "Transform" so i can decide whatever i should show it reverse or normal. By doing that i can cover the 360° rotation and keep perfect view. Microsoft may be behind in the market share but they are light years ahead when it comes to development tools. :)

Now that i have the base i've moved the core to a library in order to keep the project clean and also to make the code re-usable for any other future project. Also thinking to move the ViewModels to a library and keep the main project for views only as the ViewModels have absolutely no connection there.
    Unbenannt3.jpg
  13. @ruantec

UPDATE:

I was wrong, you don't need to reverse views as is all handled by the OS. All i have to do is handle the flipped orientations and add the right view using the template selector and voila!. I completed the code a moment ago and here is a video of the full 360° rotation support:

It's a shame that most(if not all) Windows 8/8.1 applications doesn't have proper rotation handling and even MS apps suck terribly at that. I'm making sure my apps for Windows 8/8.1 doesn't have that problem while offering different and best experience for every angle. All that without breaking my MVVM pattern nor going back to codebehind :)
    KrossX likes this.
  14. @ruantec

Here another update of my current project "@ruanTuber HD" for Windows 8.1. Now that i can handle rotation and independent view for every angle without having to care about codebehind i can now proceed and start designing my views and filling them with info while keeping a similar design to the original one as you can see below. Different resolutions and sizes, perfect control of the design and sizes, butter smooth performance:

On the left(Venue 8 Pro): 1280 X 800, on the right(ThinkPad 8): 1920 X 1200
    WP_20140428_002.jpg

Sony VaioTab 20: 1600 X 900
    WP_20140428_003.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    KrossX and Hard core Rikki like this.
  15. @ruantec

Jesus!!! i can hate MS for a lot of stupid things they have done recently but i certanly love there tools!. Holy freaking cow! the way you can write down your logic is nothing but fantastic and when using MVVM as i already explained here it all turns into a beauty. Damn, damn!!! i'm so freaking happy right now to see all my logic so organized and completely separated from the UI that i can nearly do wonders. The way i can design my apps right now is kinda limitless no matter the enviroment and the way i can control everything is just beautiful..... jesus!!! i have never been that happy while writing few lines of code in years! to show you what i mean i've made a small video of my current project that is turning into something i really love even if is not natively compiled yet:

That's the main reason why MS got me hooked because there development tools are just better in so many ways that is just not funny. I wish similar tools and ways were available for other enviroments.
  16. aceloop

aceloop Say what one more time..

@ruantec likes this.
  17. @ruantec

Thank you everyone for liking and showing interest in my project. I've been hard at work(sadly don't have much time to work on it as i would love to) trying to get all things done that i want for this project. At the same time i'm keeping the UI design with mouse and touch gestures in mind which means that it should be great for both worlds. I'm not just focusing in UI smoothness but also in performance as is one of the main goals of this project and of course keep it away from the generic Windows 8 design. Lately i've been breaking a hell bunch of Windows design patterns to do that and with each change its just looking better day by day. As promised on my last post here is a video showing the player overlay fully functional and with additional gestures. I will add a hell bunch of fancy stuff as well as a suggestions overlay which will popup on demand. I hope people will like this app once it hit the store soon:

Here is a nice performance comparison i made between the desktop version(which is very good in my opinion) against the newly optimized version running a 4K video:
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  18. @ruantec

Update of my current project the @ruanTuber HD running on the Dell Venue 8 Pro. I'm extremely happy to see the awesome performance of the application on the device as you can clearly see here:

The streamed videos on the video aren't available at higher resolutions than 1080p on the default youtube player for some strange reasons yet the @ruanTuber see them :)

Note:
    The version running on the video is not yet compiled with .Net Native and also a debug version.
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
  19. ShakirMole

ShakirMole The Alpha and Omega

Guys with the world cup around the corner, try out this prediction game.
    Be the guru and predict the scores. Correct outcome predictions will earn 1 point while 3 points for correct scores of the outcomes.

I bet you can set your account and scores in less than one minute

wcguru.tk
  20. Prads

Prads New Member

Right now working on a small game and an emulator (PSX). :)