When i play pokemon fire red or leaf green, it wont save

Discussion in 'Visualboy Advance Discussion' started by gokudagreat, May 11, 2004.

1. gokudagreat

gokudagreat New Member

I tried saving on pokemon fire red or leaf green but it wont save... i always press start and it automatically returns me to the new game intro thing, does anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it it would be really helpful
    thanks
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Norbi

Norbi KO'ed User

If you are playing on a Vba, just save by using Shift+F*

*= number form 1 to 12
    the F family buttoms.
  4. gokudagreat

gokudagreat New Member

no its not that i dont know how to save, its that the game somehow doesnt save correctly and i always have to start from the beginning, its a prob with the game itself i think
  5. cerealspearmint

cerealspearmint Registered and whatnot...

By the way, only F1-F10 are saves on VBA. ;)

Anywhoo, the problem is your settings for the "Save Type" most likely. In the VBA, go to [Options], [Emulator], [Save Type], and checkmark "Automatic" and "Flash 128k". That should hopefully fix it.
  6. gokudagreat

gokudagreat New Member

omg dude thank you so much!!!!

thanks again
  7. Cypherswipe

Cypherswipe Extra Large Member

Goku- Norbi was saying that instead of in-game saves, use should use savestates. Savestates work independantly of the game itself, and will work no matter what your settings are, or even if you have a bugged rom that simply won't save by normal means.
  8. elricbro

elricbro New Member

hey hmmmm yah i was playing pokemon (fire red) and like i passed the little league thingy right, but like i tried to save it and i got this message ''save error. please exchange backup memory''...hmmm or something like that...i tired to change the save type thing to flash128k but it didn't work soo yah....hmmmm does anyone know how to hmmm fix the...thingy lol....k peace out
  9. JKKDARK

JKKDARK New Member

Maybe this thread can help you;) and don't revive old threads;)
  10. jack aimar

jack aimar New Member

when i want to save my pokemon fire red game, this appears 'please exchange the backup memory'
  11. jack aimar

jack aimar New Member

please help me!!!
  12. illegalc0de

illegalc0de New Member

This works well as I literally just had the same problem with the save error - replace backup memory as well. But it will NEVER save the game using the in game save function if you start the game with the [Save Type] set to "Flash 64k" if you did start the game with the smaller save type flash then you will have to close, open, change the type and start the game again.

Just a small note in reply to this. Thats a cool little way of saving the game states, but the 'F' stands for 'Function' not 'Family' hence they are called 'Function keys' and applications use them to run functions from within the applications.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  13. unused_bagels

unused_bagels New Member

I think he meant the family of function buttons.

Anyway, this thread helped me, because I was having the same problem.
  14. Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa New Member

No no, i've got a Super Card, with Pokemon LeafGreen version on it. I can save, and it says "Data has been saved", but whenever I turn the game on again, it says "The save file as been deleted", and then makes me start over. Got a fix for that?
  15. joey61401

joey61401 New Member

I figured it out go to options gameboy and check gba