Why ePSXe have bug on some game?

Discussion in 'ePSXe Archive' started by Wildbat, May 2, 2002.

1. Wildbat

Wildbat New Member

Why ePSXe have bug on some game??? I don't mean ePSXe suck.
    i just wondering if it really mimic EXACTLY want PS does, should it be able to run all the games without special setting and patches?
    anyway, I like ePSXe. Keep the good work team:>
    :cool:
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. sithspawn

sithspawn The Spawn of Sith

ePSXe is an emulator (and a great one at that). However one tries so hard, one could never be exactly the same as the real thing (as Mr. Pete Bernert hinted out at his website). IMHO, ePSXe is the closest thing to heaven (in this case, PSX) and what's great about it, it does some more! By "some more" I mean it enables us to play at a higher resolution, resulting in much more prettier graphics and effects (imho). Of course, this is just one example, and it's possible since today's technology enables more than what a PSX can do.

~sithspawn
  4. G-Pitts

G-Pitts Whats Up Doc!

It hard to make a perfect emulator. ePSXe is not the real playstation, it just translating the instruction of psx hardware to the instruction which the PC can understand and execute. So its hard to emulate all of the instruction because some games use special instruction and when the author try to fix that issue it may raise other issue with other games. After all, epsxe is NOT the REAL PSX :)
  5. evil aloha

evil aloha The destiny of an angel

Because the ePSXe isn't perfect!! That's all... (Someday, maybe it can be!) ...it's NOT a REAL PSX, as G-Pitts said.
  6. Demigod

Demigod これはバタスです Staff Member Moderator

No emulator is a perfect replica of the true machine. Emu authors try to mimic the machine without actually using any of the internal code (although in the case with epsxe you need the actual PSX BIOS to run). The authors constantly update their software to try to make their software as compatible as possible but it's extremely difficult to achieve 100% compatibility. Some emulators are more compatible than others. Epsxe is among the most compatible and accurate of all PSX emulators, second only to VGS.
  7. REi_FoX

REi_FoX ¡¾¡¾¡¾¡ Fantasy ¡¾¡¾¡¾¡

ok just remember!!!! you are running a game on a different hardware and software this are only used for preservation or backups of the game or the system...

SO DONT EXPECT TO MUCH!!!