Windows 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Software Discussion' started by DinJerr, Oct 7, 2014.

1. resolutespider5

resolutespider5 I mustache you a queshtion

2. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

If i wanted android on my Lumia i wouldn't have gotten a lumia in the first place :p.
    Samor likes this.
  3. Samor

Samor Foundry

You wouldn't! That's Lumia-abuse!
  4. Samor

Samor Foundry

Welp, I bought an FM Radio app for Windows Phone because MS was so brilliant to stop supporting the original one and even removed it.

I guess they don't know about that "roaming" thing in the EU that is really expensive so it's nice to have a truly free way to listen to radio.

I dislike how companies and even the government is trying to force digital radio on us. FM is fine kthxbye.
  5. Thanakil

Thanakil NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

If anyone knows how to permanently disable "network discovery" in Windows 10, I would appreciate it.
    It's part of the Network and Internet options, Sharing Center and Advanced Sharing Settings. It *constantly* resets to On. Many internet option will often reset themselves to On with Windows 10, I've seen that before, but typically they do it after a little while. With Network Discovery, it's instant. It doesn't even truly goes off. It's not the biggest issue in the world, but I just don't want it and I'm wondering why it won't stick to my setting.
  6. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...disabling-network-discoverynetwork-resources/

this is still relevant
  7. Thanakil

Thank you, I'll give that a look.
  8. Samor

Samor Foundry

I didn't see this one before (logically as I don't use it often as primary phone), but if I receive an SMS on my winphone it also pops up in the notification center on the pc.
    I like that feature.
  9. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Me and my wife did the impossible and switched back from Android to Windows Phone 10 once again since it seems that all the issues we had are solved now and both of us are happy.

Never say never :p
    Samor likes this.
  10. Thanakil

I went into the Store to update my "apps". One of them to be updated was the Store itself.
    Since then, the Store won't work. The Store icon is grayed out and closes as soon as I launch it. Rebooting doesn't help. Well... Thanks? I'll have to wait until I do my next clean install to fix it.
  11. Yeloazndevil

I finally got 1607 installed all this time the logitech nano receiver was preventing windows from getting to the login screen after finishing up the upgrade to 1607. I didn't want to deal with the hassle so I just will stop using this wireless mouse I was using when I was sitting far away from my TV

now if I am bored I can finally try out the xb1 s controller later on
  12. ElijahTW

ElijahTW NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

All of you guys talking about your Windows 10 problems and I'm just sitting here with good old Windows 7 which is working flawlessly. :p
    shinra358 likes this.
  13. Strike105X

On my AMD build windows 7 still works pretty good as well, (although since i made it a PC for my mom its been running windows 10), its on anniversary now and works great, i may need to grab a cheap NVIDIA GPU though on black friday, since now she has a 1080p tv-monitor.
    Anyway back to windows 7, on my current system it works pretty crappy, dunno why it doesn't like it, XP, 8.1 and 10 works great but 7.... Its a freaking mystery.
  14. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Yes ElijaTW, lol. This is the life xD
  15. lagunareturns

lagunareturns Active Member

I had issue with the update, download is a huge one and it ends with an error. Re-downloaded it and error again, checked the error and it was saying my cd key is not valid. It never came through windows update, this a manual update as I needed a feature provided in anniversary version... Apparently when it hasn't rolled out for you the manual doesn't work, would have been nice to know that after wasting time trying to download 4 gig update twice.

I got the update to work though, just download the latest Windows 10 iso from microsoft website and run it and it will update without hassle.

I have zero issues after the update, actually runs better.
  16. Yeloazndevil

17. Strike105X

I find it ironic that even my moms PC is on the anniversary update, only I'm stuck behind.
  18. Samor

Samor Foundry

19. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

WTF is happening?

DinJerr likes this.
  20. Thanakil

Microsoft isn't happy with Google.

Google found a critical vulnerability in Windows and contacted both Microsoft and Adobe to warn them to update their stuff. Adobe released an update 5 days later, but Google made the issue public after 10 days - before Microsoft patched it.
    https://security.googleblog.com/2016/10/disclosing-vulnerabilities-to-protect.html

Microsoft is mad that Google didn't wait longer, or wait until a patch was released. Google claims they revealed it because people were already exploiting this bug and users should be aware of the flaw to protect themselves. Overall, it seems most people believe Google should have at least waited more than 10 days, since that wasn't much time to fix a critical issue.

What's funny was that when asked about this, a MS spokerperson didn't turn off the marketing speech and simply recommended that people use Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge to be fully safe.
    (This is the wrong thing to do until a patch is released, especially since CHROME is protected from this vulnerability)