Windows 10: Microsoft's incompetence mirror

Discussion in 'Software Discussion' started by @ruantec, Mar 14, 2016.

1. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

I was learning more about it hence why i didn't posted anything related. Most of the people here just look for devices but me as a coder i look for the coding tools and apis available to see what i can do and here is another reason MS pisses me off beyond repair.

MS with the anniversary update released probably the best API for UI development i have seen and the one i was waiting for so many years and is called UI Composition. That API allow us developers to create beautiful looking UWP applications that run on all windows devices while having excellent effects and performance. This shit right there is what pisses me off because the potential of the OS and device is so damn good that is not funny anymore.

For those who don't understand... the OS and phones basically blow out of the water anything Android or iOS can do if MS allowed to do things right. You got a monster closed in a sealed bottle and god it makes me angry.... this is the moment i wish not to have the knowledge i have and to love UI design so much as i wouldn't be so pissed as i am right now. Basically you have the easiest way to create rich and beautiful UI with the power of DX and excellent and silky smooth performance through the GPU. If MS gave devs more power and developers out there would actually recognize awesomeness Android and iOS would be irrelevant soon.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  2. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

Cool, will watch the vids when i get home.
  3. @ruantec

Before watching those make sure to watch this too which i forgot on my last post as is related to the Windows Phone.

Watch at 13:10
  4. Strike105X

Well i'm not well versed into codding so it doesn't mean much coming from me, but they do sound like nice features.
  5. @ruantec

Today is another silly day but one that may surprise few people here. I'm officially returning back to Windows Phone 10(Lumia 640 XL) and officially leaving Android once again.

It sounds silly i know... most specially since WP10 is pretty much dead at this point in time with rumors of a Surface phone somewhere in the future that to be honest i don't have any big hopes for. Regardless... my experience with Android again have been mixed and it all goes down to several factors such as cheap china phones to luxury expensive ones i tried for a short period of time. My main problem is the system itself because while it offer so much it also allows a lot of malware and bullshit to be installed just by adding default apps for everday use. The keyboard in most phones have been horrible and camera is only great on premium phones which to be honest i don't want to spend money on. I tried several chinese smartphones because of that and they have really HUGE potential like the Bluboo Maya Max which is probably my favorite smartphone so far and at the same time the worst ever.

After using many smartphones from cheap china ones to expensive ones they all got full of bloated bullcrap which i kept removing from time to time but just by simple updates kept coming over and over again. I saw myself installing a f*cking anti-virus and malware protection and so adding more bullshit to the already ridiculous and AWESOME system. It's definitely a great OS and the one i would choose any day IF it was as secure as a Windows Phone in that area. iOS is not an option to me and i won't buy any iPhone anytime time soon so after getting nightmares with Android i decided to try a Windows phone once again.

My experience so far:
    I got the message that a new build is available so i hit the update button right away and installed. After the installation i made a reset to ensure everything is stock and clean but that ended up not being the best idea. Apps installed and everything seems to work except for Whatsapp. Basically i was stuck at the loading screen and a quick google search made clear is a issue after the update. Almost losing my mind i took my last card out of the box and that's downgrade back to Denim which is probably my favorite mobile OS of all time YET not perfect.

Everything went smooth and everything worked so great, i was happy again. However, the fact that i sort of like the Windows 10 Mobile style made me think in search for possible fixes. Today i came to a very nice thread that helped me to find ways to fix the issue that was already solved today lol. After setting up again i was home once again, no malware, adaware or bullshit on my phone but pure cleaness and funtionality. Whatsapp, facebook and the other apps aren't as cool as the Android versions but they have improved in the past few months as i can see and they do the job. Probably not as flashy as i was used in Android but they get the job done perfectly at the end.

I may have no other choice in the future but to go back to Android but for now i'm back on Windows Phone again and i will use it as long as i can and avoid Android as much as i can.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  6. Strike105X

I on the other hand am not going back ever, this V2 Viper S is everything i have hoped for, and the camera is OP!

IMG_20161228_103940.jpg

It uses Android fastpass and basically only has bitdefender installed, together with the adblock browser i had no problems, not to mention its an octacore, for 239 euro its a marvelous phone, and does well above that price (got mine thanks to extending my subscription).