Xebra/Arbex Releases Thread

Discussion in 'Xebra/Arbex Discussion' started by Ilya-v, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Black Zero

Black Zero Member

You're right I guess, the emulator is in a sense as complete as it gets.

As for the vibration stuff it's not that important, at least not for me.

If it really is complete I would have hoped that Dr.Hell told us, right now you eagerly waiting like a puppy for something new to pop up.
  2. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

If the main purpose was to be the PSX box and none of the controller/peripheral stuff, then it would've been better to use plugins for them. Then XEBRA + LilyPad would've been nice.
  3. Taka.Q

Taka.Q New Member

how can i setup my controller?

im using SPEEDLINK

view> controller> choosing controller 1(analog controller)> press OK> only the cursors working, can't press any other button on the controller, only the cursor....

i posted this problem already here:

http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=146538

would be nice if someone could help me out :)
  4. Damned536

Damned536 Member

I just tested out this emulator myself and wow, very impressive. I'm still trying to work out some audio issues (see my thread), but very, very nice. In particular, MGS had a few graphical bugs (Snake's right shoulder was missing textures in some places, random colored lines in the water, and alot of bad pixelation in some cutscenes), but XEBRA completely blew them away.

Unfortunately, XEBRA did not fix an issue every single worthwhile PS1 emulator has with Brave Fencer Musashi, where the music does not play during the chase sequence right after Musashi grabs Lumina, and for some odd reason, run 1 hangs at a black screen during the opening cutscene (but I can view it fine with run 2 with the I-cache rate set to 10). Other than that, I have tested a few other games that also work beauftifully. FF IX sound effects all sound like they should (even Eternal couldn't get the sword attacking SFX right), Misadventures of Tron Bonne, which required adhoc methods to get it to work right, works fine for the time I tested it, and didn't hang at dialogue spots.

Dr.Hell, I beg you, PLEASE CONTINUE WORK ON THIS EMULATOR!!! Please do not end up like Marty with Nestopia, droping off the face of the Earth, leaving the greatest NES emulator ever without completion.

EPSXE and PSX had their chance, but as far as I'm concerned, if XEBRA works as well as it has been for the rest of my game collection, those emulators are dead to me. Graphics enhancing does not appeal to me in the slightest. If I want to play games with high quality graphics, I'll stick to X-Box 360 and PS3. I'll take solid accurate emulation over decently accurate emulation with graphics enhancers.
  5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

I believe Run 1 is interpreter, which means higher accuracy/higher requirements. Run 2 isn't nearly as intensive. Final Fantasy games sound excellent on Xebra, though.
  6. drhycodan

drhycodan New Member

Odd I never had any issue running Musashi nor the graphical bugs you speak of in MGS using Run 1
  7. Damned536

Damned536 Member

I'm referring to EPSXE when referring to those graphical bugs. The graphics in XEBRA are as they should be.

You didn't have any of those glitches with BFM? Interesting. I ripped from my own disc, maybe I need to try another program.

EDIT: Yup, just tried another image of the game, and it stll hangs at a black screen in the intro, leaving me to believe it is not my images fault.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  8. Damned536

Damned536 Member

Well, I tried like hell yesterday and today to fix my audio poping issues in XEBRA with VA games like Metal Gear Solid and Brave Fencer Musashi, but to no avail. I tried changing the min/mid/max values all the way from 5000 to 190000 and no matter what settings I use, the poping refuses to go away. Changing the SPAN value did not work either.

Like I said, I already tried games with just background music and those worked fine. Also tried run 2, changed the video settings to frameskip, turned off progressive and nearest, nothing works. I still have yet to get a slowdown in run 1 mode as well, FPS is constantly at 60, and my CPU usage has not gone above 20%. This leads me to believe that it is not my computer's fault, but a fault on XEBRA's end.

This emulator is absolutely amazing, and has fixed almost all the problems with sound inaccuracies and other graphics issues I've had, but it is a crying shame I can't seem to get non poping audio in VA heavy games like Metal Gear Solid. Seems to me that the eternal plugin is the only one that got it right when it came to smooth audio. If only this emulator did not pop audio during talking segments in games, it would be virtually flawless.

I should also note that, the poping is minor, its nothing major, but it is still noticeable to the point where it is a little annoying. Metal Gear Solid also seems to have quite a bit of poping in the very beginning song, the one where the Konami logo is showing up. Other than that, no skipping, stuttering, or crackling. Just audio pops.
  9. drhycodan

drhycodan New Member

All you have to do is set 30000 for min, 50000 for mid, and 80000 for max
  10. Damned536

Damned536 Member

Oh trust me, I have already tried pretty much every combination of values for the min/mid/max that I could think of, but not a single improvement to the sound is made. If you want, I can post a WAV file of what I'm getting for poping sound, to show my point.

EDIT: here is my sound file, I recorded the beginning of the game with the Konami logo, to show what I am talking about

http://www.mediafire.com/?vhb8ycbzc55ht7r
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  11. 9.95

9.95 New Member

whats up with the controller setup? what buttons do what?
  12. Damned536

Damned536 Member

the first top row of buttons is L2 and R2, the ones directly below are L1 and R1 the group of four on the left are the directional buttons, the group of four on the right are the square/circle/triangle/cross buttons, the top row in the middle is the select and start buttons, and the bottom ones in the middle are L3 and R3.
  13. TBx

TBx Member

[​IMG]
  14. 9.95

9.95 New Member

Awesome.Greatly appreciated :)
  15. Makiru

Makiru New Member

Ugh, you guys. :V The emulator starts up, but it only stays on the Playstation logo screen. Help?
  16. Ænigmatik

Ænigmatik New Member

I have the same problem, I can't get any game running.
  17. Damned536

Damned536 Member

File->Open->CD-Rom Image

Once you pick your ISO...

Run->Any of the three runs listed (1 is most accurate but slowest, 2 is more accurate than 3 and faster than 1, and 3 is fastest but least accurate)
  18. R4Zi3L

R4Zi3L New Member

Xebra have wierd colors... not very accurate even in interpreter (compared to real thing) Doesnt have color blending
  19. emuzoid

emuzoid New Member

Holy crap, just tried this emu and .... damn ... I tried 5 games and they all ran flawlessly, much better than in ePSXe (porsche unleashed menuuuu *shakes fist*)

The only real advantage ePSXe has is that higher internal resolution that Pete's OGL2 plugin has, it really improves the graphics. For example, I prefer to play Front Mission 3 in ePSXe, it looks better. Not to mention I don't trust XEBRA's memcard saves.
  20. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

Xebra aims for accuracy, so who knows whether or not the author will include higher internal resolution options like ePSXe, but if he added that and quick save/load, it would be the ultimate PSX emulator!