Xebra/Arbex Releases Thread

Discussion in 'Xebra/Arbex Discussion' started by Ilya-v, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Adaman

Adaman New Member

I just get a black screen when I try to run games. Obviously doing something wrong >_> - I read this thread and the whole OP though. Renamed the usual bios file to OSROM and put it in the directly. Loaded up the cd rom via SPTI, then tried all the Runs (1, 2, and 3) but nothing's happening. Even tried a different game and nothing. Whatsupwitdat. Is the release in the OP and old old version?
  2. emuzoid

emuzoid New Member

I'm using Open image and then I point it to the .bin file. (Don't use cue, ccd and other stuff, just point it to the BIG file)

I haven't used it wih cdroms, I prefer images.

If you don't even see the BIOS logo, then you have to do that open BIOS thing one time.
  3. Adaman

Adaman New Member

Yeah I'm not getting the bios logo at all. Not getting anything. I don't know why, I'm using SCPH1001.bin (renamed to OSROM) from other psx emulators I have use where the start up screen works fine. I'm thinking this is a Windows 7 x64 issue.

edit: hooray I got the bios to come up, I had to open the .cue file instead of the bin file. It just sticks on the sony logo no matter what I do though, so I haven't gotten into the game yet. But, progress! Also running in compatibility mode as windows xp.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  4. Kaan

Kaan New Member

Also have win 7 x64 with no problems. Make sure you open the bios through the "open" menu of xebra.
  5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

Works fine on my copy of Windows 7 64-bit, so it's not 32/64-bit related. The emulator isn't the most user-friendly program and takes getting used to.
  6. Adaman

Adaman New Member

Well shoot. I've tried all I can think of. It's probably something silly. Is there anything in the OP guide that might have been left out?

Thanks for the halps btw.
  7. emuzoid

emuzoid New Member

Disable XP compatibility, where did you get that idea :-D

Delete XEBRA.ini, start XEBRA, do open BIOS, then open the OSROM thingy, then select open image, point it to a .bin file, then select Run (1-pass)
  8. Adaman

Adaman New Member

hooray, I think deleting the xebra.ini and undoing the compatibility mode did the trick. Thanks mate.
  9. Adaman

Adaman New Member

would be really nice to have save states of some sort. I'm not even sure how the current save system works...doesn't seem like it does. Dangit, why can't they just make this emulator one little bit user friendly.
  10. Damned536

Damned536 Member

file -> save -> running image
    file -> open -> running image
  11. spoki0

spoki0 New Member

This seems like a continous save type? How do you go when you want to save before a boss to load if you fail?

And I have issues loading the saves.
  12. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Great emulator. It fixes SFA3 when you win a match, the sound slowly gets quieter like it's supposed to. It fixed Gekido's sound. It also fixed all of Square Enix's games where some sound effects were high pitched (chocobo racing, FF7, etc).

However, MK Trilogy doesn't work. It gets to the williams logo and then freezes. It could also use some bilinear filtering because the real console uses it. What is accuracy without all its features amirite. Lastly, it could use some open plugin support for controllers and/or graphics. The sound is excellent though.
  13. Damned536

Damned536 Member

Disabling the nearest option should produce bi-linear filtering (Although the nearest option on is supposed to give you an image that would be exactly like the console would output). As for your black screen, try run-1 or lowering the I-cache rate.
  14. shinra358

shinra358 Member

Ahh, thanks for the bit on the filtering.
    What value of the cache do you recommend for MKT?

BTW, how come scanlines come on during the loading of the bios when playing MKT and then turn off when the bios is over?
  15. Damned536

Damned536 Member

Try turning progressive on if you have not already. Put I-cache rate at the lowest value.
  16. shinra358

shinra358 Member

K, tried that just now. It still freezes on the 'W' on the 'Williams' logo when it is spelling 'Midway'. I'm using bin/cue and it works on epsxe and pcsx-r. It is not working so far on this emulator or on psx 1.13.
  17. Damned536

Damned536 Member

Then the game might not be compatible with the emulator, sorry :(.
  18. shinra358

shinra358 Member

thanx for trying though:D
  19. Ilya-v

Ilya-v Member

Mortal Kombat Trilogy works perfectly here.

Try mounting it with Daemon Tools.
  20. shinra358

shinra358 Member

I dont understand how to get xebra to read from the cd drive. when i go to the cdrom section, I don't see an option to choose a drive.