Xebra/Arbex Releases Thread

Discussion in 'Xebra/Arbex Discussion' started by Ilya-v, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Aidenn

Aidenn New Member

Dunno, I don't have any games ATM that require the interpreter, so I can't check, but I hope it's still there.

Anyway, I checked MGS with the previous version, everything's fine, same as the dump I posted from the latest version. Konami logo is fine too. Like I explained, if my dump sounds "slightly better" to you, then it might be due to frequency deviations. For something like Realtek HD it's almost guaranteed (although it varies too). You can check how your sound card performs with Byuu's tool, it's somewhere on his discussion board (forgot how it was called though), it measures the real frequency of your card. A simplified version for measuring both frequencies (audio and display) is also included in bsnes/higan (Settings -> Configuration -> Timing -> Analyze). Before I upgraded my LCD to a good one and switched to Asus Xonar from a Realtek HD I had as much as a dozen or so Hz of difference in audio frequency and my old IPS panel produced in 2005 (hello ghosting!) was not much better, it was either constant popping or even stuttering audio or many dropped frames, depending on what I chose to sync to, the joys of accurate low level emulation. No amount of calibration helped. Now it's all silky smooth and I can actually sync to both audio and video at once in bsnes, which was impossible before.

-- edit --

Also, I know I mentioned this before, but I'll do it again, because, strangely, it works. If you didn't try it yet - turn off Windows Aero (well, that's not strange, Aero blocks any kind of serious LLE A/V sync, even V-sync on its own has problems with Aero) and minimize everything that isn't Xebra (no need to close anything unless it's CPU-hungry). I don't know why, but Xebra tends to crackle and pop a lot if I have even one extra window besides Xebra on screen (even if it's under Xebra) and it stops when I minimize them. Cycling full-screen (F12 -> ESC or pressing F12 twice when you're already playing in full-screen) also tends to recover A/V stability if it starts choking, though that's rare for me.

Oh, and my specs for comparison - i5 2500k, 8 GB RAM, GTX 570 and Windows 7 Pro x64.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. Damned536

Damned536 Member

Just tried the new version. The popping does seem to have improved somewhat. For one, there is no longer any popping at the Konami logo in the intro, only at the screen after the konami logo is their popping at the very end of the screen before it fades to black. Played up until Anderson dies and the popping seem to be alleviated from some areas as well, or not as severe as before. Basically, this release seems to have improved, but not completely fix, the popping issue, which is great, and I hope future releases will continue to fix the popping until it becomes completely gone.

Also as a side note, if the help document is any indication, it would seem as though the single power on option to run games is in fact run 1, the most accurate one.
  3. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

There's a new version it seems.
  4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

Huh, didn't see that coming. I doubt we can find a change log though..
  5. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

In the CHANGES section says:
    INTC was fixed.​
  6. Damned536

Damned536 Member

7. AiureseRoasting

AiureseRoasting GET OVER HERE

8. HaloSlayer255

HaloSlayer255 New Member

Looks like there is another new version dated for 140719 http://drhell.web.fc2.com/ps1/xebra140719.zip very nice indeed. Can someone look at the change log, avast is refusing to allow the download on my end (for now).

HaloSlayer255
  9. KrossX

KrossX クロスエクス

CHANGES
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

CD: ReadN, ReadS, Forward and Backward were fixed.
  10. VerySneaky77

VerySneaky77 UP OK↑

As stated before, Avast seems to deny download of the program. I cannot speak for other virus protection software, but be sure to check to see if any of your protection software may deny your download. For Avast, you can turn off protection shields (Right-click avast! tray icon > avast! shield control).
  11. HaloSlayer255

HaloSlayer255 New Member

Thank you VerySneaky77,

I remember trying to get the file to download, and used that method.

Thank you for the tip/reminder,
    HaloSlayer255
  12. Ilya-v

Ilya-v Member

Well hello there. ;)

New version is up: 15.02.15
    http://drhell.web.fc2.com/ps1/xebra150215.zip

Changes:
    -----------
    CPU: Default Run Mode was fixed.
    GPU: One drawing method(MaskTest->Lighting->Blending) was fixed.

There is also a new version for Android.
  13. the_randomizer

I didn't even know it was on Android...I would assume the requirements are insane though. I don't see an APK download on the Google Play store.. I used Google and there is no such version for Android and if there is, there's no way to download it.
  14. Black Zero

Black Zero Member

Here you go if you haven't already:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dokutajigokusai.xebra

[​IMG]

EDIT: Anyone else that think it's strange that there practically isn't anything else going on with XEBRA?
    The changelogs between releases seems to be kinda short every time.

He really should go through the UI and make it more user friendly.

Anyway XEBRA is great otherwise.
  15. the_randomizer

Weird, I tried typing in its name on the Google Play Store and tried Google search, wonder why it never turned up, and thanks :D What are the system requirements? I just hope that a Nexus 7 (either gen) is enough for it :p The reviews worry me though, 2.8/5.0? Really? That can't be good...
  16. jedman

jedman New Member

Had something bizzare happen earlier. havnt used xebra for a while and saw their is a new release.

Went to use it as normal and was just getting a blank screen, so replaced the OSROM with bios PSX - SCPH7502 which I was using before and it would get to the PS logo and then just freeze. So had to use a different BIOS and now it works fine. not sure what the problem was there. pretty strange.
  17. needer

needer New Member

(holy crap my oldest nickname lmao, haven't used this account since ever)

That bugfix he made... It introduced even more bugs, it seems. GTE and GPU go apepoops. Doesn't matter if it's default config or not.

Examples:

102 Dalmatians

[​IMG]

Spyro 2

[​IMG]

With that said, the performance is very good otherwise, much less audio stuttering compared to older versions.
  18. SolisX

SolisX Member

Hello Everyone,

I can confirm the issue with Spyro 2.

[​IMG]
  19. needer

needer New Member

Hmm, can anybody with an account on his forums report this bug? It kinda sucks that 2 games in a row I ran are bugged. lol

I don't really know how else would you report bugs to drhell, though by now I'm thinking he may be aware of it already. (he makes releases every 9 months or so)
  20. Black Zero

Black Zero Member