Zelda: Twilight Princess fishing problem

Discussion in 'Dolphin Discussion' started by evdubz, Aug 30, 2010.

1. evdubz

evdubz New Member

Hello. I've been playing the Twilight Princess Wii version on the Dolphin emulator for a couple days and everything has been running just fine. However when I get to the part at the begininng where you have to catch two fish to lure the cat back to her owner - I'm having problems, to the say the least. For an hour now I've been casting the fishing line into the water next to the fish, and i wait for the bobber to sink, expecting it to snag a bite, but haven't gotten a single bite in an hour now of trying.

If anyone has gotten past this part on the Twilight Princess and has any tips on how they get a fish to even bite the line. It would be much appreciated.

And if somebody wants to load my savegame; and catch the 2 fish, and then upload/email a new savegame once past this part to me. I would forever worship you as my lord and savior!! But really, that would be really cool :)
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax Mr. Technological Staff Member Moderator

If you have the NTSC-U version of the game, upload the memory card file (not the save state) and I can pass that part for you.

I'm asking for the actual memory card file because save states are unstable and incompatible between revisions. :)
  4. evdubz

evdubz New Member

Sweet, thank you so much! You da man! attached the files to my original first post.

*builds a shrine of Xtreme2damax and worships*

I do have the NTSC-USA version, so hope this works. The only thing I could see in Dolphin menus that had to do with memory card save information was the Memory Card manager window. Mine looked blank like this screenshot though:

[​IMG]

So I right clicked the game banner on dolphin main window and found the Wii save folder (not save state) and export options. Included the 2 small files contained from those two methods, as I wasn't sure which one of the files you needed.

Thanks again man. Wish I knew you in real life so I could wash your car or something in return for helping lol :p
  5. KingpinZero

KingpinZero New Member

U miss the attachment mate lol
  6. evdubz

evdubz New Member

I posted the attachment to the original first post of the thread, because it wouldn't show an attachment option for that second post for some reason.

It's on the first post of this thread, atleast for me it is :p

should be here:[​IMG]
  7. Xtreme2damax

You may want to remove your email from the first post, to prevent email harvesters and spammers from getting a hold of your email.
  8. Xtreme2damax

Here's your save as requested, fishing quest completed and you now have teh milk. :)

Have fun.
  9. evdubz

evdubz New Member

Thanks Xtreme2damax! I danced around in Moria praising you in Lord of the Rings online, as thanks :p

[​IMG]
  10. 1stlegioanry

1stlegioanry New Member

I got another solution for all. for starter, change the WiI remote setting: click the wiimote button, click "button mapping" and then tick the box "Swing" in the line "Pitch UP/DOwn" and modify the button for "pitch up" below,
    now return to the screen, i recommend using the windowed mode since it is a bit tricky here. throw your rod with right mouse. now move the mouse cursor to the "pause button" in the Dolphin board. When the bobber goes down, do thees two tasks almost at the same time: press the "pitch up" button to see a message: "FISH ON". right away click the "pause" button. Now remove the tick in the "Swing" box and now do this: unpause the game the way you did then immediately press the "pitch up" button (you don't need to return to the window at this time. Then while keeping the fish return to the window and then press the "roll left" or Roll Right" button according to the fish movement. Then as long as you do exactly, you should have the fish
  11. Ijsje1979

Ijsje1979 New Member

I had the exact same problem and have been trying to solve it for a couple of days ..and I finally did !!

I use an Xbox360 Controller (should work just fine for any other controller)..though I'm not sure about kb+mouse ,

Ok here goes ..

Bind Tilt Forward and Swing Forward to "up/forward" on your Right Stick
    Bind Til Backward and Swing Backward to "back/down" on your Right Stick

IMPORTANT : MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE WIIMOTE SET TO "UPRIGHT WIIMOTE" !!

Here's how it works when Fishing :

Press B to take out your fishing rod , press B again ...Link will hold up the fishing rod .
    Now you press forward/up (and hold it) on your Right stick to cast .

Now wait till you see the fishies are nibbling away at your hook :) when they are ...do the following :

To hook the fish Press "Shake" on your Wiimote..just once you don't have to hold it.. (in my case that is a tap on the Right Trigger ) and immediately after let go of the Right stick , and pull it Backward/down ..keep holding it back till you got your fishy !

And finally ...you can enjoy the rest of the game !!

and you don`t have to worry about fishing ,because if you want/have to do it again ...it's easy and actually kind of fun :)
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  12. spiderfun

spiderfun New Member

where u hav downloaded it from. the game zelda twilight princess. is it mediafire link
  13. Annalin9

Annalin9 New Member

Hi there I have the same problem but I don't know how to create the attachment. Some help please?
  14. Annalin9

Annalin9 New Member

I hope this works? Nvm done.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  15. louay2001

louay2001 New Member

would you please tell how to load those files: where i should extract them
  16. darklink.perry

darklink.perry New Member

Solution

I found a solution myself when I came across this problem. I configured the shake for all three axes to the scroll-click button, and tilt backward to c.
    When you cast the line and see it bob, hold the shake button, hold down the tilt backward, let go of shake, and hold tilt backward until you have your fishey!