ZeroGS plugin and 3d Analyzer

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by mussashimits, Apr 24, 2008.

1. mussashimits

mussashimits New Member

Hi,
    I have been using the GSdx9 plugin with Pcsx2 on my GMA 950 and have had success, but the frame rate is about 10 frames less than I can tolerate. I recently tried running 3d Analyze and PCsx with the ZeroGS plugin, and the game starts up initially with a much improved framerate- but it the emulator crashes after a few seconds.

Though I know it's been asked (I haven't quite found the answer), I was wondering if anyone has had luck with this plugin and, if you used 3d Analyze, what configuration did you use?
    Also, might there be any other tricks to speed up pcsx2? I've tried a program called Speeder Xp, but I cant notice any difference.
    I appreciate the help
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. echosierra

echosierra I'm a gopher

Any program that promises to speed up your computer is most likely screwing your computer up even more, and there's a good chance it is malware/spyware.

You're on integrated graphics, any tricks you use won't boost your speeds very much.

If you can, get a real graphics card. If that isn't an option, you're SOL.
  4. Rebel_X

Rebel_X Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

I tried 3D analyzer with the intel 950 chipset when I had my Toshiba laptop..
    it's gonna work, but all graphics screwed up, nothing can be fixed..

stick to Gsdx9 plugin, it was working fine with me when P©SX2 was 0.9.1, besides I cant compare the difference between the Old gsdx and the new one with I950 chip, but I think it's gonna be a lot faster, although don't hold your breath and raise your hopes high.. you wont get decent speeds, unless you try to run in Full Screen mode with low Resolution like 320x200, if u use laptop this is ur best bet..

besides GMA950 card is built in, you wont get much, the gfx speed if it was in laptop is 100Mhz, with Desktop is nearly 250Mhz, try increasing VRam from bios. it's gonna consume from physical ram you have..

try speed hacks with the latest version of P©SX2.. good luck.. :)
  5. Musou-Enrai

Musou-Enrai Member

I've always used GSDX. It worked with every game I tried so far. I decided to try ZeroGS the other day. In the config menu I check everything on the right and most of the options to the left(Anti-aliasing - 16x, Resolution - 800x600 and so) but when I try the game there's only white screen and sound. I tried various versions, searched the net for this problem(in the forum too) but nothing. Does anyone know what gives? Cause it seem some people are able to play using ZeroGS.
  6. Mkilbride2588

Mkilbride2588 The Pest

ZeroGS is usable if you know how to configure it correctly for a specific game and whatnot. It's not as developed as GSdx at current, so that's why people just tell you to use GSdx.

GSdx pretty much goes for proper emulation, and ZeroGS wants to give you to customize your game in a variety of ways.
  7. Musou-Enrai

Musou-Enrai Member

I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me.